Below you’ll find vendors, tools, training and resources helpful to anyone producing photography and video on behalf of ASU, including video production and live event video vendors, captioning resources, YouTube templates, relevant training and things to keep in mind when hiring photographers and videographers.
Marketing Academy (training modules)
Resources for making great brand photography
- Create and establish a budget for photography every year, campaign, etc.
- Hire photographers and videographers who are local, ASU alumni or both whenever possible, who are proud to be Sun Devils.
- Make clear at the start of hiring a photographer that ASU will need all rights to the photos/video.
- Consider hiring a creative person of color when contracting freelance work.
- Recommended list of local freelance photographers previously used by ASU.
Photography and recording guidelines in laboratories and restricted areas
Environmental Health and Safety is committed to the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors on campus. Follow the guidelines in the linked document so that photography and recordings represent those safety efforts.
Guidelines for photography and recording in laboratories and restricted areas
Requesting photography related to ASU News
ASU News has photographers who work to visually tell stories about ASU, and to complement stories and events submitted to the ASU News site. You can reach out to the ASU News team.
Vendors (live events and video streaming)
If you’re looking for technical video support, livestreaming of your event or both, it’s likely that the Enterprise Brand Strategy and Management's live events team can help. See livestreaming to request a quote and schedule. In the event that your needs demand technical expertise or equipment the Brand team does not have, the vendors below may be able to help.
Vendors (video production)
Internal ASU resources:
- VisLab: An ASU graphic, video and web design agency offering a complete range of services.
- Student Creative Services: A unit of Educational Outreach and Student Services, Student Creative Services provides both in-studio and on-location production as well as management of the Digital Creative Studio (DCS) located in Sparky's Den in Tempe's Memorial Union.
- Fervor: A full-service design agency offering full video production capabilities.
- Live Wild Films: Independent freelancer specializing in promotional videos, event videos and documentary storytelling.
- True Story Films: Full-service video production and editing capabilities.
See the full list of approved and preferred vendors.