Below you’ll find vendors, tools, training and resources helpful to anyone producing photography and video on behalf of ASU, including video production and live event video vendors, captioning resources, YouTube templates, relevant training and things to keep in mind when hiring photographers and videographers.
Marketing Academy (training modules)
- Marketing Academy: Model releases, schmodel releases
- Marketing Academy: Photography: saving face(s)
- Marketing Academy: So you need a video: what type of resources you may need for your project
- Marketing Academy: Tips and tools for videographers: B-roll, lighting and updated lower thirds
- Marketing Academy: Visual resources for great storytelling
Resources for making great brand photography
- Create and establish a budget for photography every year, campaign, etc.
- Hire photographers and videographers who are local, ASU alumni or both whenever possible, who are proud to be Sun Devils.
- Make clear at the start of hiring a photographer that ASU will need all rights to the photos/video.
- Negotiate the rights of all photos/video to be given to ASU at no additional cost
- Consider hiring a creative person of color when contracting freelance work.
- Recommended list of local freelance photographers previously used by ASU.
- List found in What’s in Photography slide deck
- Support a current student through Student Creative Services
Photography and recording guidelines in laboratories and restricted areas
Environmental Health and Safety is committed to the safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors on campus. Follow the guidelines in the linked document so that photography and recordings represent those safety efforts.
Guidelines for photography and recording in laboratories and restricted areas
Requesting photography related to ASU News
ASU News has photographers who work to visually tell stories about ASU, and to complement stories and events submitted to the ASU News site. You can reach out to the ASU News team.
- ASU YouTube channel thumbnail template
- ASU YouTube channel end screen template
- ASU lower thirds template
Vendors (live events and video streaming)
If you’re looking for technical video support, livestreaming of your event or both, it’s likely that the Enterprise Brand Strategy and Management's live events team can help. See livestreaming to request a quote and schedule. In the event that your needs demand technical expertise or equipment the Brand team does not have, the vendors below may be able to help.
- Advancement Resources
- Video West
- Pacific Staging
- Clearwing (also provides audio services
Vendors (video production)
Internal ASU resources:
- VisLab: An ASU graphic, video and web design agency offering a complete range of services.
- Student Creative Services: A unit of Educational Outreach and Student Services, Student Creative Services provides both in-studio and on-location production as well as management of the Digital Creative Studio (DCS) located in Sparky's Den in Tempe's Memorial Union.
- Fervor: A full-service design agency offering full video production capabilities.
- Live Wild Films: Independent freelancer specializing in promotional videos, event videos and documentary storytelling.
- True Story Films: Full-service video production and editing capabilities.
See the full list of approved and preferred vendors.
Definition – Graphics: Graphics are visual elements that are used in marketing content to promote and demonstrate the ASU brand. Graphics can include many types of media, like images, icons, textures or charts.