Skip to main content
Event Promotion
Brand execution guidelines

Music for events

Music can be an important element of a live event, helping to set the mood and excite your audience. When using music at your events, it is important to confirm you have the appropriate rights and licenses in place. Regulations and laws are strictly enforced, and units must follow the agreements. 

ASU maintains a public performance license with American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers, BMI and SESAC for libraries of well-known music that can be played at events and live performances. 

ASU only has the rights to publish livestreaming events or event recordings that include licensed music on These videos may not be published on any other digital or social channels such as Vimeo, YouTube, Facebook, etc.

If you stream or record an event with music, it is recommended to choose licensed music or cut the audio of the feed while non-licensed music is playing. ASU does not maintain the right to use popular music for digital distribution of videos created solely for promotional purposes.

Prior to using any song at your event, please research our music databases to confirm they are covered by one of our agreements. If the song is not included in one of these libraries, ASU does not have the right to include it at a major event and an alternative selection should be made, or you must seek to find the licensing entity and secure individual permission. 


  1. Go to
  2. Click Repertory
  3. Type in song title and/or performer, click search


  1. Go to
  2. Use drop-down menu to select artist or title, type in and click search


  1. Go to
  2. Select repertory in menu
  3. Accept terms and start searching

Additional information