How are events added?
Events may be submitted to the calendar by users who have been provided login access to the ASU Events system.
- Most departments have someone with access to add events into the system for review. For one-off event needs, please direct event submissions through that person. See the list of recently active users to see if someone in your unit is listed.
- If you don’t know who to connect with or want to request access, you can reach out through our contact form. For access requests, please be sure to include your ASURITE ID and business unit in the request. Please note we will reach out to the lead communicator for your unit to verify if additional access is required.
Tips and best practices
- Events typically take one to two business days to be published once submitted, and an additional day to appear on secondary event feeds across asu.edu.
- Enter your event as early as possible to maximize visibility with the ASU community.
- Including a relevant, high-quality photo makes an event eligible for promotion on the ASU Events site and is more likely to be promoted by other units.
- The ASU Events platform uses Arizona time, so please adjust accordingly if the event takes place in a different time zone.
- Submissions are reviewed for AP style, the writing style adopted by ASU for all communications. To help expedite approval, please draft event copy so it aligns with the ASU writing style guide.
For additional tips and instructions on adding events, please review the ASU Events user guide. Failure to follow the guidelines may result in publication delays.