In this section, you will find information on social media tools, training for all areas of social media and additional resources to check out.
The tools listed below have been contracted by the ASU Enterprise Marketing Hub for social media management, analytics, social listening and content curation.
Hootsuite is the social media management platform contracted by the Hub for the ASU enterprise. Hootsuite has been the social media management tool of record for the ASU Enterprise since fiscal year 2017.
Services currently available: Hootsuite Publishing, Analytics and Hootsuite Impact (add-on).
TINT is a self-managed SAAS platform that enables us to collect, curate and display user-generated content and our best social content in social galleries and embed it on websites. The ASU Enterprise Marketing Hub uses TINT to run hashtag campaigns, contests, product launches, request UGC usage rights and event displays.
TINT has been the social media aggregator tool of record for the ASU Enterprise Marketing Hub since fiscal year 2019. TINT Experience Builder is contracted through Hootsuite.
Airtable is a tool that you can use to manage all of your marketing processes and workflows. Because Airtable is flexible and completely customizable, you can use it to do just about anything your marketing team needs. Some of their most popular marketing use cases are: social media content calendars, editorial content calendars, campaign management, event management, product launches and content operations.
Airtable Enterprise plans are available for all students and staff members. Learn more about getting an Airtable Enterprise license.
As part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite, ASU staff and students have free enterprise access to Adobe Spark. Adobe Spark is a web-based service that provides the ability to create webpages, graphics and video stories easily through themes and layouts. Some of the assets you can create using Adobe Spark are social media posts, graphics, animations and other digital assets. Learn more about Adobe Spark.
Other commonly used tools
- Pocket - Save content from everywhere.
- Web Clipper - Annotate, save & search screenshots and clips from the web
- Campaign URL Builder — Google Analytics Demos & Tools
- RiteTag: Find hashtags
Display Purposes – Instagram Hashtag Generator
- IG LineBreak Caption Generator
- 📙 Emojipedia — 😃 Home of Emoji Meanings 💁👌🎍😍
- Tagdef - the Social Media Dictionary
- TinyPNG – Compress PNG images while preserving transparency
- Hootsuite Owly link shortener
- Social Media Engagement calculators
- Browser extensions:
Marketing Academy workshops
- Creating a social media strategy: Your social media strategy is your map to social media success.
- Social media analytics: Having a strategy is integral to the success of your social media efforts, but it is not enough. You should also constantly measure how your content and strategy are performing. Without a constant performance analysis, there is no way for you to know if your efforts are actually working in the way you intended.
- Social media crisis management: Be prepared! This timely review of do's and don’ts in the event of a social media crisis will include an important look at the ways you can work with the ASU Media Relations and Strategic Communications team in case of a crisis situation.
- Career EDGE social media training: These prerecorded training sessions are available to ASU communicators as part of Career EDGE (you must be logged in with your ASURITE ID in order to see this catalog).
Bookmark these sites to stay on top of the latest trends in social media and get information on the latest releases from the platforms.
Social media blogs to follow
- Social Media Examiner
- Social Media Today
- Social Media Week
- Hootsuite Blog
- Sprout Social Blog
- Hubspot Blog
- Rival IQ Blog
- Buffer Blog
- Convince and Convert
- Moz Blog
- Later Blog — Instagram Marketing
- Best practices and resources: Facebook for Business
- Get certified: Facebook Blueprint
- Facebook accessibility:
- Follow: Facebook Newsroom (@fbnewsroom)
- Best practices and resources: Twitter for Business
- Get certified: Twitter Flight School
- Twitter accessibility
- Best practices and resources: Instagram for Business
- Get certified: Facebook Blueprint
- Follow: Instagram Comms (@InstagramComms)
- Best practices and resources: LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
- Training: Sophisticated Marketer's Hub
- Accessibility: LinkedIn Disability Answer Desk
- Follow: LinkedIn Marketing (@LinkedInMktg)
- Best practices and resources: YouTube Creators
- Training: YouTube Creator Academy
- Follow: YouTube Creators (@YouTubeCreators)
- Best practices and resources: Pinterest for Business
- Training: Pinterest Academy
- Best practices and resources: Tiktok for Business
- Training: Tiktok Business Learning Center (You’ll need to register for an ad account to access this section)
- TikTokComms (@tiktokcomms)
- Best practices and resources: Snapchat for Business
- Content guidelines: Snap's community guidelines
- Get certified: Snap Focus Certification courses
- Snapchat for Business (@SnapForBusiness)
Many have newsletters you can subscribe to, and social accounts you can follow:
Prominent social media accounts to follow
- Social Media Club Phoenix
- Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra)
- Social Media industry commentator/influencer
- Taylor Lorenz (@TaylorLorenz)
- NYT reporter — tech and internet culture beat
- Ben Collins (@oneunderscore__)
- NBC reporter — disinformation beat
- Brandy Zadrozny (@BrandyZadrozny)
- NBC reporter — internet and platforms beat
- Jane Lytvynenko @JaneLytv)
- Buzzfeed News reporter — disinformation and online investigations beat