If you’re planning to film on or above any ASU campus or property using a drone, you must comply with ASU’s Unmanned Aircraft Systems policy, which includes prior approval from ASU Risk and Emergency Management. All documentation and forms must be submitted at least 15 days prior to the requested flight date.
Drone requirements and application
To request permission, individuals should:
- Complete an Unmanned Aircraft Systems Request Form.
- Requestors must include a copy of their Federal Aviation Administration UAS certificate of registration, flight plan diagram and remote pilot's license.
- Non-ASU affiliates must sign a Release, Indemnity and Assumption of Risk Agreement.
- Along with the items outlined in step one, non-ASU affiliates must also include a completed agreement and a copy of the certificate of insurance (aviation liability insurance minimal limits $1 million) within the request.
- Use the following ASU address in your paperwork:
Arizona State University
- Attn: Risk Management
1130 E University Dr
Suite 120 – Building B
Tempe AZ 85281
- All documents and forms are reviewed by Risk and Emergency Management.
- If approved, the requestor will be notified and issued a permit.
- If denied, a representative from Risk and Emergency Management will connect with the requestor to discuss their initial request.
- If you have questions, contact Tarnell Smith in Risk and Emergency Management.