Ready, set, go — share your recent photos of life on campus
President Crow has requested that we accelerate a collection of photos showing the recent activity taking place on campus — indoors and outside — featuring students, faculty and staff with their Sun Devil “smize,” or smiling eyes seen above their masks. Classes, labs, formal and informal, studious and serious, recreational and fun, athletics, activities and small gatherings — any and all photos that show life on campus. These images will be used in a variety of ways, including use in enterprise and unit social media, in email campaigns, videos, in ASU Now as standalone features and other uses as needed.
If each unit provides a few photos every week, collectively we will have an incredible new library! There are multiple ways to achieve this university goal. You can work with your own teams to capture new photos or share an outline for coverage with the enterprise photo teams to collaborate with you.
Please be mindful and follow current CDC and campus guidelines of social distancing and always wearing a face covering. Photos that do not follow these protocols will not be included in brand galleries. Photo releases and captions will also need to be captured for archiving and inclusion of all photos submitted, further described below.
When you have photos that are ready to share, please send for review for brand photo galleries via these steps:
- Create a Dropbox folder labeled with your unit name and your name to contain all of your content. Add three subfolders for:
- Model releases.
- Save model releases for everyone recognizable and named in the captions in the model releases folder. See the Rights and releases of the brand guide for more information.
- Rename each photo or video in the following format: YYMMDDASU Name or description of shoot photo or video #, photographer or videographer initials (example: 200820 ASU First Day of Classes 125 CL.jpg).
- Include in the photo metadata*:
- Photographer name (to ensure credit is given appropriately and copyright is to ASU.)
- Shoot location.
- Date taken.
- Caption with a description of what is happening and the names of everyone featured who is recognizable.
*If you do not have experience with metadata additions, please submit caption, location, date and photographer information in a text file in the same folder with the photos. The Hub can then add the metadata to the images.