Return to campus: spirit face coverings and photography assets
With in-person classes set to resume, the university has been working to prepare our campuses. A task force continues to meet on a routine basis to deploy a highly coordinated communications campaign. A shout out to all the individual contributors from Business and Finance, Educational Outreach and Student Services, Enrollment Services, Enterprise Marketing Hub, Knowledge Enterprise, Media Relations and Strategic Communications President’s Office and University Technology Services who are rapidly deploying the enterprisewide campaign. As part of the Hub High Five, we will continue to provide important updates and reminders to the communications community:
Available photos and videos
Part of those efforts have been to photograph what campus life will look like upon our return. Many units have come together to help create a library of photography assets. These assets include: ASU Sync, classrooms, dining, housing, move-in, general campus life and more. These photos can be accessed and downloaded from ASU's Photoshelter library. More photos will be added every few weeks, so be sure to check back for more updates.
Spirit face coverings
The university has also decided to offer spirit face coverings and all royalties will be directed to COVID-related Foundation funds. If you are considering purchasing facemasks for your unit, please review the following guidelines:
- Who may produce spirit face coverings:
- Only licensed vendors who have the proper certification for PPE wear may produce spirit face coverings. There are many vendors promoting customized face coverings who are not authorized to do so. Also, there are many crafts resellers (ebay, Etsy) who are not authorized vendors. Remember, using licensed vendors enables us to channel royalty funds to much needed COVID-19 relief funds.
- The Print and Imaging Lab may produce custom orders. They are a great resource for orders of 100 or less and also may provide consultation to units.
- The ASU Bookstore will be offering product lines of spirit face coverings. Please visit their website to view inventory.
- Remember, the university has purchased a large stock of spirit face coverings for students, faculty and staff. These will be made available and distributed on campus.
For more information on the approved vendors, please contact ASU Trademark and Licensing
- What you can produce on a spirit face mask: Through this program, we are only allowing spirit symbols. Spirit face coverings cannot display:
- The official Arizona State University logo.
- Endorsed logos.
- University seal.
- The name of the university, colleges, departments, centers or institutes, sports team names. This includes short names such as ASU and Arizona State for the university and departments.
Face coverings may only display:
- Sparky’s Pitchfork.
- The Athletics Pitchfork.
- Hand Pitchfork.
- Forks Up, Masks Up.
- Simple icons or artwork.
Please remember not to support wearing unlicensed materials, especially when photographing individuals. If you have questions regarding photography or securing cloth face coverings, please contact the Enterprise Marketing Hub and we will get you connected to the right resource.
Reminder about signage
ASU Facilities Management will be placing all required signage across campus and Environmental Health and Safety will be reviewing all materials to ensure we are aligned to CDC guidelines. No units should be creating and posting COVID-19 related signage in buildings. If you feel you have a unique need for COVID-19 signage, please contact facilities to review and discuss.
Important websites to reference
The university has stood up a few important websites with COVID-19 related information. Please make sure you have reviewed them and continue to monitor them as they will provide you with the most up-to-date information.