Growing our ecosystem to support ASU needs
ASU is home to a thriving community of more than 1,000 marketers and communicators who are dedicated to building awareness, positive perceptions and engagement for ASU. As a public enterprise, we continue to evolve, expanding and diversifying ASU’s marketing and communications portfolio. ASU has activated the following units to further build upon their unique strengths while honing in on new areas of focus and services.
Increasing the focus on brand positioning and orchestration:
Enterprise Brand Strategy and Management Formerly known as the Enterprise Marketing Hub, Enterprise Brand Strategy and Management is responsible for orchestrating efforts to position ASU as a premium brand. Led by Vice President and Chief Brand Officer Jill Andrews, the brand team focuses on:
- Establishing the brand fundamentals to increase the long-term strength of the brand.
- Convening and training the ASU professional community in order to align efforts, share best practices and implement a comprehensive brand portfolio strategy.
- Raising awareness and positive perception of the brand through multichannel campaigns using paid advertising, owned channels such as asu.edu and social media, and the official magazine of Arizona State University, Arizona’s largest magazine, ASU Thrive.
Intensifying ASU’s media outreach and strategic communications:
Media Relations and Strategic Communications Operating as ASU’s “in-house PR firm” and internal newsroom, Media Relations and Strategic Communications is led by Associate Vice President Chris Fiscus. The team focuses on:
- Generating and covering breaking news through the efforts of a robust internal newsroom.
- Managing relationships with local, national and international media outlets.
- Spearheading presidential communications.
- Generating unique and compelling creative for news and social media efforts.
- Leading local, national and global strategic communications efforts.
Launching a more holistic approach to constituent outreach:
ASU Outreach Hub A new unit has been created to focus on ASU’s growing outreach and transactional needs. Led by Chief Outreach Officer Ann Toca, the ASU Outreach Hub uses data-driven insights to deliver three pillars of services to the community:
- Working with units to plan and place paid media for all budget levels and media types.
- Creating holistic alumni and donor outreach by activating highly personalized omnichannel journeys and utilizing the Sun Devil Rewards affinity platform to reach engagement and affinity goals.
- Extending and expanding corporate partnerships on ASU’s behalf.
Growing ASU’s multifaceted content pipeline through journalism:
ASU Media Enterprise ASU Media Enterprise is an independent nonprofit, nonpartisan knowledge community that empowers, engages and educates audiences with the information they need to succeed as leaders and equal participants in our democracy. Led by Managing Director Mi-Ai Parrish, the nonprofit has become an accelerator for transmedia storytelling by:
- Growing individual media outlets within the portfolio to be the best versions of themselves while creating appropriate journalistic opportunities to broaden the reach of the ASU brand.
- Collaborating as a collective to create a robust content pipeline that brings story themes to a national scale.
- Creating partnerships with external media outlets to expand the reach of stories that improve the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the people and communities that we serve.